The largest jellyfish ever discovered was a Lion’s Mane jellyfish. It had a bell (body) with a diameter of 2.3 m (7 feet 6 inches) and tentacles 36.5 m (120 feet) in length. It was found washed up on the shore of Massachusetts Bay in 1870.
To put that into perspective, the largest blue whale ever recorded was a mere 110 feet long.
- World’s Largest Custard Pie Fight
- A Coffee Mug For The Blind
- World’s Largest Bread and Butter Pudding
- 507 Carat Diamond Found In South Africa
- Blood Vessels Around the World (WFOTD)
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.