One farce saw Islington Council in North London issue a ticket, then take itself to an appeal hearing – where it asked for costs against itself. The costs process involves another four steps.
Stunned adjudicator Gerald Styles said he could not make an order for costs because the council could not “act wholly unreasonably or vexatiously against itself”.
Parking law expert Barrie Segal, who unearthed the crazy cases, said: “This is a complete waste of taxpayers’ money and illustrates everything that is wrong with unaccountable parking enforcement in the UK.
- 85-Year-Old Grandaddy Gunman Fights Parking Ticket
- Clever Fifth Wheel For Easy Parking
- World’s Oldest Plant Re-Potted In London
- Man Sues Apple For “Mafia iPod”
- River Thames Removed From London Tube Map
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.