On the 2008 batch of 50 peso coins, the country’s name was misspelt. Instead of C-H-I-L-E, the coins had C-H-I-I-E stamped on them, but worse of all, no one noticed the spelling mistake until late 2009.
The coins have since become collectors’ items in the hope they will rise in value and the mint says it has no plans to take them out of circulation.
- 20p coins selling for £7000
- The Value of United States Currency in Circulation
- Chile Earthquake Has Created Shorter Earth Days
- Huge Anglo-Saxon Gold Hoard Discovered
- Top 6 Marriage Proposals Gone Wrong
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.