When I heard that it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant in the state of Michigan, it got me thinking… what other unusual laws are there around the world? Here are a few I thought you might like.
- Alaska law says that you can’t look at a moose from an airplane.
- In Athens, Greece, a driver’s license can be lifted by the law if the driver is deemed either ‘poorly dressed’ or ‘unbathed’.
- In Ohio it is illegal to get a fish drunk.
- In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.
- On the island of Jersey it’s against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
- In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal
- In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament
- In Quebec, Canada, an old law states that margarine must be a different colour from butter.
- In Hong Kong, a woman can kill her husband if he has cheated on her. She must use her bare hand though.
- It is illegal to sell an ET doll in France.
- If a whale is found on the British coast, the King can claim the head and the Queen has a legal right to the tail
- Pregnant women in the UK are allowed to relieve themselves anywhere they want.
- In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.
- In Alabama it is illegal to drive while blindfolded.
If you’ve got any more, let us know in the comments!
- Top 10 Strangest Things Sold On eBay
- How Devilish is Your State? Mapping the 7 Deadly Sins Across the U.S. Per Capita
- The Best Places To Live In The World Based On HDI Rankings
- Make A Meat Hand For Halloween
- 90% Of All U.S. Money Contains Traces Of Cocaine
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.