Meteorologists have discovered that Tuesday is the rainiest day of the week in the UK.
Despite the pessimistic assumption that it rains more at weekends, analysis of historical data actually shows that we get more rain on Tuesdays. However, it also shows that Saturdays are getting rainier according to Dr Andy Russell, an atmosphere scientist at Manchester University.
Scientists believe that weekdays actually tend to be wetter than weekends, because there is more heat and pollution generated by human activity, like traffic.
The extra heat tends to increase precipitation by driving convection, while particulates give rain droplets a centre upon which to form.
- Google Maps Driving Simulator
- Data Transferred At 10Mbps Through Skin
- Is Wednesday The Worst Day Of The Week?
- Amazing Rain Sound By Clapping
- Women Applying Make-Up Whilst Driving Cause Half A Million Road Crashes
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.