It’s coming up to Halloween, and that means pumpkins, however there’s one pumpkin that puts all others to shame – it weighs 1,725 pounds!
The gigantic pumpkin was grown by Christy Harp – a math teacher from Ohio. Mrs Harp and her husband Nick, grow pumpkins on their family farm, each year engaging in friendly competition.
“Last year he beat me by 200 pounds. This year I beat him by 400 pounds,” she said. “Very good year! My pumpkin, my side of the patch! We separate the patch and never step foot on the other side!”
At one point in August, Mrs Harp said, her prize-winning pumpkin was growing 33 pounds per day.
The previous record holding pumpkin was a mere 1,689-pound specimen grown in 2007 by Joe Jutras of North Scituate, RI.
- World’s Biggest Burger Weighs in at 185 Pounds
- Cheetah Sets 100m World Record
- Evolta Toy Goes Into World Record Books
- Pi To 2.5 Trillion Decimals – New World Record!
- Mattress Dominoes World Record Attempt
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.