The Wisconsin Tourism Federation has changed its name, after being made aware that it’s acronym WTF had become crude internet slang.
The federation, which was set up to attract more visitors to the state, will now be called the Tourism Federation of Wisconsin (TFW), in an attempt to put a stop to the jokes.
Unknowingly however, the Wisconsin Tourism Federation probably attracted more visitors due to it’s unfortunate acronym, than any other marketing strategy that they had in place. I say the TFW should forever been known as the WTF…even if it means it will be joked about on thousands of internet sites.
But seriously, I can’t believe they only just realized their name was one huge internet joke. I mean WTF?!!!
- 50 Things That Are Being Killed By The Internet
- Carrier Pigeon ‘Faster’ Than Internet Broadband
- What was the First Image on the Internet? (WFOTD)
- Happy 40th Birthday Internet?
- Funeral Being Held For Internet Explorer 6 Today
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.