“Body Paint” by Mehmet Akten is an interactive installation and performance allowing users to paint on a virtual canvas with their body, interpreting gestures and dance into evolving compositions.
With the use of real-time infra-red cameras and custom software, motions are converted into drips and brush-strokes.
“The installation is designed to work with any number of people and is scalable to cover small or large areas. The interaction is very simple – movement creates paint. Hidden in the simplicity, are many layers of subtle details. Different aspects of the motion – size, speed, acceleration, curvature, distance all have an effect on the outcome – strokes, splashes, drips, spirals – and is left up to the users to play and discover.”
- The Human Body Subway Map
- Man Smuggles 14 Pythons Into Norway By Taping Them To His Body [PICS]
- Humanoid Robot With iPhone 3GS Head
- Tweet, Tweet. 100,000 New Followers
- 15 Inspired Artworks From Japan’s Superflat Movement
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.