Many Britons worry that Britain is become a surveillance society, and with one CCTV camera per 14 people, they may have a point. However, opposition argue that they are there to protect society. Well, CCTV cameras may not be as useful as thought for aiding the fight against crime – it has been found that only one crime was solved by each 1,000 CCTV cameras in London last year.
“The internal police report found the million-plus cameras in London rarely help catch criminals.
In one month CCTV helped capture just eight out of 269 suspected robbers.”
Do we need so many CCTV cameras? Are they serving a valid purpose, or are they just creating an unwarranted surveillance society?
- Crime Rates Drop in 08, Video Game Sales Increase
- Pepper Spray In ATMs To Stop Criminals
- Piglet Squid Smiles For The Camera
- The Freedom Pig Becomes A Hero
- A Rat Eating Plant Named Sir David Attenborough
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.