Pool staff have banned a French woman from a swimming pool outside Paris for wearing a ‘burkini’.
The woman, named Carole, who converted to Islam, was told that the garment was inappropriate for public baths. The staff said the swimsuit, which consists of a headscarf, tunic and trousers was against pool regulations and unhygienic.
“The ban was imposed as President Nicolas Sarkozy’s government is considering an outright ban on all Islamic dress, such as the head-to-toe burka or niqab, that it considers a “sign of subservience” and “not welcome” in France.”
Do you believe that the ban was imposed for genuine hygiene purposes, or do you think that it was purely a political issue?
- Unbeatable Pool-Playing Robot
- Tunisian Woman Pregnant With 12 Babies
- 1.4 Mile-Long Wedding Dress
- Woman ‘Sacked’ On Facebook For Complaining About Boss
- Woman To Get Married To Fairground Ride
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.