Here is one of a collection of fascinating ancient maps. The maps cover much more than just geography. They tell stories of war, triumphs, myths and so much more.
This a map created by Joan Vinckeboons, in around 1650 showing the island of California!
Believe it or not, explorers believed California was an island for a very long time and this map depicts that assumption. It would take over 50 years after the creation of this map before it was confirmed that California is indeed attached to the mainland of America.
Click the link for more ancient maps.
- Google Maps Driving Simulator
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta)
- Estonian Drug Store Offers Cure For Broken Hearts
- Reincarnated Fighter Pilot Book On Sale
- Man Gives Away Every Penny of His £3 million Fortune As It Made Him Miserable
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.