Have you ever noticed that little button on Google, next to the main search button? Well, if you haven’t, it’s called the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button. This button, unlike the ordinary “Google Search” button, takes users directly to the top search result. So in essence it saves them about 1 second…and this costs Google $110 million per year!
Because the button doesn’t display search ads, Google doesn’t get paid and with over 100 million searches per day, it soon adds up.
“It’s possible to become too dry, too corporate, too much about making money. I think what’s delightful about ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ is that it reminds you there are real people here,” Google executive Marissa Mayer explained.
Luckily only about one percent of searches are done using the lucky button, but is it really worth $110 million?!
- Google Ad Spoof: Is Tiger Woods Feeling Lucky Today?
- Is Google Messing With Our Minds?
- Man Gives Away Every Penny of His £3 million Fortune As It Made Him Miserable
- Google Logo Celebrates Barcode Anniversary
- Google Introduces “Fast Flip”
GEAT ARTICLES ON OTHER BLOGS...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.